Hemp oil is hemp seed oil, CBD oil has the benefits you want, and marijuana is the plant that gets you high. We break it all down in a simple manner. In this article we’ll tell you which is better hemp oil or cbd oil. We showing you the best 7 products, plus the differences between hemp oil and cbd oil for your health.
Hemp Oil, CBD Oil, & Marijuana, What is the Difference? [Explained]
We get from customers a common question: What is the difference between hemp oil and CBD oil? What is the difference between CBD Oil and Marijuana? And lastly, what is the difference between Hemp oil and marijuana?
In short, hemp oil is essentially hemp seed oil derived from the crushing of hemp seeds. CBD oil is short for cannabidiol and is what you’re most likely interested in buying since it’s one of the many cannabinoids to have magnificent medicinal properties. Lastly, marijuana is the plant that produces a high potency of THC that people smoke or consume to feel “high” that CBD does not give.
Before we begin to explain the differences, first, we will break it down in depth to you what each of these is so you have an excellent idea of what they are before we dive in deeper. Are you ready? Let’s begin.
What is Hemp Oil?
Hemp oil, which refers to hemp seed oil, is very different than its counterparts. Though it is derived from the same plant as CBD oil and marijuana, the nutritional and medicinal properties are significantly different. It has very little in common with CBD oil and marijuana. When purchasing hemp seed oil, be sure to buy it as a nutritional supplement and not because you expect the same therapeutic benefits as CBD oil or marijuana. Here’s how hemp seed oil is different:
- Hemp seed oil, unlike its counterparts, is derived from the seeds of hemp seeds through cold press technology.
- Hemp seed oil is a nutritional supplement as it is rich in omega fatty acids, fiber, and protein.
- Hemp seed oil does not contain CBD or THC and also has none of the benefits.
- Hemp seed oil is a popular additive in protein shakes, smoothies, and other recipes.
- Hemp seed oil can be topically used as a moisturizer.
Here is some insight into the nutritional values that it holds:
- Possibly the single most nutritionally complete food on earth
- It contains all essential amino acids
- 35% protein, as digestible edestin
- 35% oil, rich in essential fatty acids
- 75% Linoleic Acid
- 25% linolenic Acid
- 9% Gamma-Linolenic Acid
What is CBD Oil?
CBD, or cannabidiol, is one of the many powerful chemical compounds found primarily in the flowers and leaves of hemp used to extract the compound from the plant. This is the main and one of the many compounds known to help the mind and body in many wonderful ways.
CBD oil is the next best thing when you don’t have access to medicinal marijuana or aren’t comfortable using medicinal marijuana. That said, CBD oil has therapeutic benefits that stand on its own as well. Safe and suitable for everyday use, CBD oil is excellent to use as needed or as a daily supplement. Let’s look at some facts about CBD oil.
- CBD is extracted from the flowers and leaves of hemp.
- CBD can be derived from marijuana plants, but marijuana has extremely low traces of CBD
- CBD oil is known to have mood-regulating effects, analgesic, and anti-inflammatory benefits.
- CBD oil can be used by products like creams, concentrates, topicals, and oils.
- The difference between marijuana and CBD is the level of THC in the oil. CBD oils have to have less than .03% THC to be legal & sold.
- CBD oil is legal in all 50 states since the passing of the 2018 Farm Bill, or click here to read our summary on the 2018 Farm Bill.
Three Types of CBD Products
- Contains up to 0.3% THC
- It contains other beneficial cannabinoids, terpenes, & flavonoids
- It contains other beneficial cannabinoids, terpenes, & flavonoids
- White crystalline powder that is 98-99% pure CBD
- It does not contain any other beneficial cannabinoids, terpenes, & flavonoids.
To learn more in-depth, click this link to read our blog post on Full Spectrum vs. Broad Spectrum vs. CBD Isolate.
Is Hemp Oil Same as CBD Oil?
Yes and no, because CBD oil is technically the oil from hemp, the real meaning behind “hemp oil” is another term for Hemp Seed Oil, which is the crushing of the seeds, as you read in the first section. CBD oil is the correct term for “hemp extract,” as it is the extract from hemp.
What is Marijuana?
Marijuana, on the other hand, is a different plant itself from hemp. A marijuana plant is not the same as a hemp plant. Although they are in the same family and have similar traits, marijuana, on the other hand, contains high THC levels and very low levels of CBD (Hemp has high levels of CBD and very low levels of THC).
- You may have heard of marijuana through terms such as weed, pot, dope, or cannabis.
- Marijuana has much higher THC levels, the psychoactive cannabinoid, and very low levels of CBD, hence why CBD oil is not extracted from marijuana.
- Marijuana can help with nausea, anxiety, soothe pain, and even prevent seizures, as well as other medicinal benefits.
- Marijuana is the plant that has been talked about so much in the past decade.
- Marijuana is the plant people smoke to get “high.”
- Marijuana is also widely known to be used by cancer patients.
Summary of the Difference Between Hemp Oil, CBD Oil, & Marijuana?
They are all completely different from each other, especially hemp seed oil from CBD oil & marijuana. They do have in common that they are in some shape derived from the same cannabis family.
Hemp Seed Oil is derived from the seeds of the hemp seeds through cold pressing them. CBD, a cannabinoid found both in hemp and marijuana but contains high levels in hemp and very low levels in marijuana, is derived from the leaves and flowers of hemp. Lastly, marijuana is just a plant that people smoke the flowers and leaves to get “high” because it contains high THC levels, the psychoactive cannabinoid.
Hemp oil vs CBD oil: Full guide and 7 best items
In this article we’ll tell you which is better hemp oil or cbd oil. We showing you the best 7 products, plus the differences between hemp oil and cbd oil for your health.
By Davies Media | Published Nov 21, 2021 9:00 AM
Hemp oil and CBD oil are two of the best health products that have been introduced in the market. They both have a lot of similarities but still, there is a difference between them that is important to mention. For this reason, we will be going through each one in specific so you can know which one is better for your needs.
So before we head on to the difference, let us first understand what these products are and how they work.
Hemp oil is also called hemp seed oil as it is extracted from the seeds of a cannabis plant which belongs to the same family as other marijuana plants. It was only recently that growing hemp was made legal in some countries and states due to the industrial purposes and benefits it provides.
While CBD also comes from the same cannabis plant family, hemp oil is not the same as CBD oil as it does not contain psychoactive cannabinoids that give users a high feeling. Instead, hemp oil only consists of beneficial nutrients such as omega fatty acids that play a crucial role in maintaining health and wellbeing.
CBD oil, on the other hand, is a well-rounded product that consists of cannabidiol which is a non-psychoactive cannabinoid found in cannabis plants. It contains a high number of minerals and vitamins that greatly contribute to good health and wellbeing. Unlike hemp oil which can be taken orally or applied topically on the skin, CBD oil is usually taken through an e-cigarette, in the form of droplets, or by vaping. This enables it to easily get absorbed into your bloodstream and be delivered directly to your brain and body for fast benefits.
CBD oil has become very popular in recent years due to its wide range of health benefits. Below are some of the reasons why it is one of the best products you should consider taking.
CBD Oil Benefits
- It fights anxiety and depression CBD oil has been found to contain antidepressant properties that can help fight off depression, stress, and anxiety. This makes it an excellent choice for people who are suffering from mood swings or feel down most of the time.
- Improves heart health Heart problems have been on the rise in recent years which is why it is important to take a product that will work to keep things in check. CBD oil has been found to improve heart health by lowering blood pressure and increasing blood circulation throughout your body.
- Provides relief from pain If you are looking for a natural remedy for pain, CBD oil will be the best choice. It is effective in relieving pain caused by different health conditions like arthritis and cancer. Aside from that, it also minimizes body ache due to its anti-inflammatory properties.
- Helps fight off seizures Taking CBD oil has been found to help people who are suffering from seizures as it binds with cannabinoid receptors that help control and limit the number of seizures a person has daily.
- Boosts cognitive health Studies have shown that CBD oil can greatly contribute to brain health as it encourages healthy cell growth throughout your body, which is why it is always advised to people who are experiencing memory loss or unable to focus and concentrate properly. It also contains neuroprotective properties that can help protect your brain against injuries.
- Helps in weight management CBD oil is taken by people who are struggling to lose weight or maintain their current body mass index. It does this by decreasing the production of fat cells and triglycerides, allowing you to achieve a healthy body weight without too much struggle.
- It helps battle cancer If you or someone you know is struggling with cancer, CBD oil will be the best product for this case. It has been found to slow down and prevent the growth of tumors in different types of cancers such as skin cancer, lung cancer, colon cancer, brain tumor, and breast cancer among others.
7 Best Items
Hemp Oil vs CBD Oil: What’s The Difference?
Hemp oil and CBD oil come from the same cannabis family but that is pretty much where their similarities end. You will notice how they offer different benefits, interact with your body in different ways, and how you should use them. However, both products do share a major commonality; they are both known to ease pain and help you relax.
What Makes Hemp Oil Different From CBD Oil?
There is a big difference between hemp oil and CBD oil which you can read about below:
Hemp oil is made from pressing seeds of the hemp plant whereas CBD oil comes from extracting a certain part of the entire cannabis plant including the flowers, leaves, and stalks.
Hemp oil is pressed from hemp seeds, which contain high amounts of protein and fiber. On the other hand, CBD oil is extracted using a solvent such as carbon dioxide or butane. This extracts fats and other compounds from cannabis plants to create a concentrated product that has a higher amount of cannabinoids.
The CBD oil market has grown tremendously in the past few years. You can now find CBD oil being sold in certain health food stores, beauty shops, and even as a part of a regular diet at some restaurants. Hemp oil has not been shown to have the same effects as pure CBD oil.
CBD oil has been found to contain less of the psychoactive compound THC which is why it does not give you a ‘high’ feeling. Hemp oil, on the other hand, contains higher amounts of THC.
The side effects are different when using CBD oil compared with hemp oil. People who use hemp oil can experience some side effects like dry mouth, low blood pressure, light headedness, and drowsiness. On the other hand, CBD oil does not cause any of these unwanted effects making it more preferred by most people who are looking for pain relief.
Hemp oil is known to help with treating skin conditions like psoriasis and eczema because of its moisturizing properties. CBD oil has not been shown to have this same effect.
You can use hemp oil on your skin, but that is where its benefits end. CBD oil, on the other hand, is used in various beauty products such as lotions and creams, shampoos, soaps, etc. because it helps with pain relief without having any psychoactive effects. Hemp oil has not been shown to help with pain relief.