Marijuana Lotion for Pain Relief: A Soothing Frankincense and Cannabis Infusion
It doesn’t matter what kind of job you do, whether you spend your day typing on a keyboard, waiting tables, or loading big pallets onto trucks–those joints and muscles are going to ache from time to time! You need a soothing, workaday marijuana lotion recipe that can be used everyday, during the workday or after. And that is just what this recipe is for–it’s rich in cannabis and frankincense resin and is surprisingly easy to make!
I’m a keyboard warrior. I find that my finger joints, wrists, and elbows take a significant amount of abuse without even realizing it. Many keyboard warriors end up with really painful conditions like carpal tunnel, spasms and joint pain. One application of this lotion on my hands, arms and elbows after showering in the morning leaves my finger joints flexible and my muscles relaxed.
(Thanks to Organic India for sending us this sample of tulsi essential oil to share with you in this new recipe – to buy visit their site at www.organicindia.com.)
If you’re already familiar with the why and the how and also the ingredients I use for emulsifying lotions you’ll know that I never use beeswax, borax, or emulsifying waxes. I use pure plant medicine to create lovely and fully emulsified cannabis lotion. I never use preservatives in my cannabis lotion recipes–and I prefer the fresh and invigorating experience of raw ingredients that require quick use and and the cool and soothing feeling of refrigerated lotion.
Frankincense-Infused Marijuana Lotion Recipe For Pain Relief
There are two ingredients that make this marijuana lotion very effective: Boswellia resin (frankincense) which can be taken orally or used topically. Boswellia serrata is also known as Indian Frankincense and comes from the same family of trees as the frankincense of the middle east. I use the powdered resin to make this recipe. The other special ingredient here is tulsi essential oil. Tulsi, otherwise known as Holy Basil is a soothing and relaxing to the muscles, helping to prevent strains and sprains. Combined with cannabis, these two herbs make a great pain relieving and pain prevention lotion that you can use every day. This recipe contains no preservatives–it will need to be kept refrigerated and used within a month to prevent microbial growth.
You need a soothing, workaday marijuana lotion recipe that can be used everyday, during the workday or after, that's rich in cannabis and other pain relieving herbs.
- February 27, 2019
- / 18 Comments
- / CBD, health-DIY, health-trends, skin-care-DIY, skin-care-trends
Create your very own cannabis topical lotion for pain relief. Formulate an at home CBD oil infused lotion. Put together a THC bud topical. This recipe teaches you to make these cannabis pain lotions in the comfort of your home.
For those who want to create a THC infused topical:
If you’re looking to make a THC topical for pain relief you’re in the right place. Here is what you’ll need:
- Select a THC bud. Ask your local dispensary for advice on what THC bud to use, or pick your favorite cannabis strain.
- Debarboxylate your weed. This will activate the THC in your cannabis. Break up your bud over a cooking sheet. Spread your THC strain over this sheet. Cover with tinfoil and place in the oven. Cook at 115c/235f for 40 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let your cannabis cool. This will only take a few minutes.
- Follow the recipe below to whip up your THC pain lotion!
Are you creating your weed topical with a CBD Strain? Follow these steps:
This recipe requires a CBD oil. Follow these simple steps prior to creating your CBD pain lotion.
- Select a CBD cannabis strain. Ask your budtender to help you find a CBD bud that is low in THC and high in CBD.
- Dearboxylate your weed. This will activate the THC in your cannabis. Break up your bud over a cooking sheet. Spread your THC strain over this sheet. Cover with tinfoil and place in the oven. Cook at 115c/235f for 40 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let your weed cool. This will only take a few minutes.
- Put your weed into a strong mason jar with one cup of coconut oil. This mason jar needs to be sealed and boiled, make sure it is sturdy!
- Fill a large pot with cool water. Make sure there is enough water in the pot to almost submerge your mason jar entirely.
- Place your sealed mason jar into the water. This is how you’re going to infuse your cannabis coconut oil.
- Bring this water to a boil. Let this infusion boil for 3 hours.
- Let your cannabis coconut oil cool. This way you do not burn yourself or crack the mason jar.
- Strain your cannabis coconut oil. Cover the jar with cheese cloth, and strain the CBD oil into another container.
- It is now time to start making your CBD pain lotion!
It is time to create your cannabis topical lotion!
Now that your cannabis strain is ready, it is time to create your cannabis topical lotion. Be sure to follow the details below to create the perfect cannabis topical lotion. These weed infused lotions are easy to create and highly potent.
Create a Cannabis Topical Lotion today! Infuse your lotion with CBD oil or create a full cannabis lotion with THC. Make an at home weed topical for pain.