How To Make Delicious Cannabis Smoothies
Smoking cannabis can be pleasurable and eating baked goods with all kinds of “special ingredients” is always a considerable option when aiming for an incredible high. Try smoothies this time!
If you are tired of smoking for some reason or just want to try something new, you might be interested in a recipe to make highly potent cannabis smoothies. Regular self-made smoothies are already pretty awesome without THC and CBD in it but why be satisfied with a product that can potentially be so much better when looking at it from a stoner perspective?
It’s relatively fast and easy to make cannabis infused smoothies. This blog will give you a detailed recipe as well as some ideas of how to customize it in order to get satisfying results.
PREPARATION: BUY ALL THE INGREDIENTS YOU NEED AND WANT
Let’s start off with obligatory ingredients you need as a basis to create the smoothie itself. You can always fallow your own recipe if you want to. The part that really matters is the process of getting THC and CBD from your buds into a carrier material that will later spice up your drink.
Here is a short list of basic ingredients to follow this particular recipe for two servings:
- 500ml of milk (customize: almond milk, organic, lactose-free or whatever you like)
- 150ml whipping cream (liquid)
- 3-4 table spoons of honey (can be substituted by cane sugar for example)
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla (fresh vanilla is always nice but not necessary)
- Your favourite fruit: Bananas and Strawberries, Mangos and Kiwis, Blueberries etc.
- Be creative when buying your fruit, pick either just one type of fruit or try to find a nice match like Banana-Strawberry for example. Organically grown are usually the best!
WHAT ABOUT THE WEED? THAT STUFF IS IMPORTANT, TOO, RIGHT?
Exactly! Now it’s time to see if there is anything left from last harvest or to find out what the supply situation in terms of weed is at the moment. You don’t need a whole lot to achieve a decent potency. It’s more important to find a good way to get the THC and CBD from your buds into your smoothie, without having to chew on calyxes and leaves all the time. You need a carrier material. The most obvious is butter. You can follow the link to a recipe for producing very potent cannabutter below this blog. The other option is to just follow the following method with milk and cream.
- You take about 1-4g of dank bud and grind it all up.
- You mix the milk with the cream and heat this mixture to a temperature of 60-70°C. The cream is important because the stuff we desire likes to bond with fat. Milk alone only has a few percentages of it. Keeping temperatures down is an absolute must because the milk should never reach the state of boiling. It’s more a low simmering we aim for.
- Now happily sprinkle these wonderful herbs in your milk-cream mix and carefully heat it up to a low temperature. You need to get a feeling for the right temperature. Keep in mind that high temperatures can potentially lead to a product that is less potent due to the destruction of THC and CBD molecules. Seeing tiny bubbles at the surface, not meaning the ones from boiling is always a good sign. Let it simmer for at least 60 minutes. To be honest, it’s always best to invest a little more time when infusing carrier materials with THC. Rather do this with a relaxed attitude of a Celtic druid instead of a rushing through this important step. If you want HIGH quality, you will get HIGH quality.
- The colour of your mixture will change over time and you will most likely recognize the point when you think the heating process was long enough. Anything between 60 minutes and 8 hours of low simmering will ensure that THC and CBD will enter your milk. You don’t need the remaining parts of the bud anymore and therefore need to filter your milk-cream-cannabis mix to separate the liquid material from the solid. Let it cool down. The weed infusing process in now completed.
MAKE THE ACTUAL SMOOTHIE TO FINALLY GET HIGH
The important step of getting THC into the milk was successfully completed and now it’s time to be a little more creative again. It’s actually pretty easy: Put all of your desired ingredients into a blender, add some ice, and then get stoned! Have fun sippin’ on some of the finest drinks of the modern world: Fruit-Canna-Smoothies. Don’t drink and drive!Read more about the latest hype in cannabis infused foods: Fruit-Canna-Smoothies. Delicious, relatively healthy, and a good way to consume some dank bud!
How To Make A Healthy Raw Cannabis Smoothie
You’ve probably rolled a fair few joints in your time, but have you ever considered juicing cannabis? Raw weed possesses unique cannabinoid acids and high levels of terpenes that boast impressive benefits. After juicing your buds and leaves, you can throw them in a smoothie to combine them with more nourishing fruits, vegetables, berries, and more!
Most people picture red eyes, goofy giggles, and a raging appetite when thinking about people enjoying cannabis. Although we love the herb for offering those things, the plant has so much more to it than a high.
THC—the molecule behind these effects—remains only one chemical out of hundreds that exist in the plant. The species produces many other non-psychoactive cannabinoids and terpenes that boast their own health benefits, and several strains contain almost no THC at all.
Although we just know it as something we smoke, cannabis is—at its core—a leafy green vegetable. Sounds strange, right? Much like the kale in your fridge, cannabis holds its own status as a nutritional superfood.
Packed full of healthy compounds, raw cannabis can make a fine addition to a healthy smoothie or shake! Consumed this way, the cannabinoids and terpenes will still light up your endocannabinoid system while the raw leaves offer a host of vitamins and minerals.
Rather than munching on a bowl of fresh leaves, making a refreshing smoothie provides a fast, efficient, and tasty way of getting these phytochemicals into your body. Juicing your cannabis prior to adding it to the mix will offer you even high concentration of compounds.
Before you head into the kitchen, though, you should discover the benefits of juicing in general, and see why cannabis should become a regular part of your diet.
The Benefits of Raw Juicing
Juicing allows you to squeeze all the beneficial vitamins and minerals from carrots, apples, ginger, and other desired foods while leaving unwanted fibre behind.
While fibre is an essential part of the human diet, removing it vastly increases the concentration of healthy micronutrients in your juice. For example, drinking the juice of ten carrots will provide you with plenty of beta-carotene, while sparing you the chore of munching and digesting such a large amount of the vegetable.
The most impressive benefits of juicing include:
- Improved Absorption: Your body will have an easier time shuttling nutrients into the bloodstream. A juicer effectively “pre-digests” your food by removing the fibre, meaning your gut has to do less work in that department.
- Higher Nutrient Concentrations: Eating a bowl full of cannabis leaves might take a toll on your belly and your jaw. Instead, juicing them will allow you to get all of those nutrients in a single glass. It’s all you need to convert a handful of veg into a quick and efficient shot of liquid.
- Easier Way to Meet Fruit/Vegetable Requirements: Nutritional guidelines state we should aim for a minimal amount of fruit and veg each day. Juicing makes it much easier for people to consume this baseline requirement.
Why You Should Add Raw Cannabis To Your Diet
Raw cannabis contains several molecules that users don’t get access to when exposing the herb to heat during smoking and cooking. Cannabinoids such as THC and CBD exist as cannabinoid acids in raw cannabis (THCA and CBDA).
Both of these cannabinoid acids act differently within the body to their decarboxylated counterparts. THCA binds to the receptors of the endocannabinoid system, and may help to settle the stomach, along with increasing levels of the body’s own cannabinoids.
Unlike THC, THCA produces no psychoactive effects because of its weak action on the CB1 receptor. So, you can drink as much juice as you like without getting stoned.
CBDA also produces interesting effects. Early research suggests the molecule may increase serotonin receptor activation  , possibly elevating the mood. Nothing is certain, though.
Raw cannabis flowers also contain high numbers of aromatic terpenes. These chemicals give cannabis strains their unique smell and flavour. In theory, terpenes also work in synergy with cannabinoids to boost their effectiveness through the entourage effect  . They degrade quickly when heated, so consuming cannabis raw guarantees higher levels of these pleasant-smelling compounds.
All of these benefits, in our opinion, make raw cannabis worth including into your routine on a regular basis.
How To Juice Raw Cannabis
Juicing raw cannabis before you include it in a smoothie will free up all of the desired cannabinoids, terpenes, and other phytochemicals. Follow the quick tips below to complete this process as easy as possible.
Tip One: Roll Up The Leaves
Roll all of your cannabis leaves into tight cylinders, passing them through the juicer. This will work with the centrifugal force of the device.
Tip Two: Combine With Large Fruits and Vegetables
Chop up some of your favourite fruits and vegetables to round out your juice. Add items with high water content such as apples and cucumbers for a more substantial output.
Tip Three: Use a Wheatgrass Juicer
If you’re aiming to make juiced cannabis part of your daily routine, purchase a wheatgrass juicer! These devices work at lower temperatures and use a press to extract the juice (as opposed to centrifugal force).
Raw Cannabis Smoothie Recipe
Now you know the benefits of juicing raw cannabis, and you even know how to do it!
Next, you’ll discover a tasty recipe to put all of that goodness to use. Follow the recipe below to light up your tastebuds and ignite your endocannabinoid system.
You Will Need
Gather these ingredients before plugging in your blender. You don’t need everything, but try and get as close as possible for the best-tasting experience!
- A handful of ice cubes
- Up to 15g of raw cannabis leaves and flowers
- A few sprigs of parsley (stalks removed)
- A handful of washed spinach leaves
- One large, ripe avocado (skin and seed removed)
- A handful of blueberries
- A quarter of a cucumber (unless already juiced)
- 600ml freshly squeezed apple juice (unless already juiced)
- A squeeze of lemon juice
- Pinch of turmeric powder
- Pinch of hemp seeds
- 2 tsp baobab powder
- 2 tsp powdered green superfood complex
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Remove the seeds, stalks, and skin from the necessary ingredients
- Place them into the blender one by one
- Blend away!
It’s as easy as that! All of these ingredients synergise to create a sweet, creamy, fresh, and cannabinoid-rich smoothie that tastes incredible and feels even better!Treat your tastebuds and endocannabinoid system to this nourishing raw cannabis smoothie recipe, and learn about the unique benefits of raw weed. ]]>