Launched in 2006, Seeds for Growth is a registered charity which advances the quality of life for people from disadvantaged communities, primarily in London’s East End.
We address cultural, social and health issues by creating inspiring progression routes using arts, technology and action learning.
We focus on improving health, wellbeing and access to outdoor community spaces.
Our vision is a world where everyone has health, wellbeing and fitness.
We are guided and informed by our belief in and commitment to :
We respect people, value diversity and are committed to equality.
We value and recognise the fantastic contribution of Seeds for Growth staff, volunteers and trustees.
We strive for excellence through continuous improvement.
We are committed to a culture of teamwork and collaboration.
Our charitable objects are:
- Advance the education of people from disadvantaged communities to improve their social and health issues and economic circumstances.
- Support unemployed people to increase their self-confidence so enabling them to access work or to start their own business.
- Improve health by providing dietary information, local fresh food sources and exercise.
- Promote the conservation, protection and improvement of the physical and natural environment and to promote recycling and sustainability practices.
- Develop training materials that support the rehabilitation of serving and ex-offenders.
Seeds for Growth was established in 2006 by people in Tower Hamlets who volunteered in projects to improve health and well-being, particularly for the Bangladeshi community. In 2012 Seeds for Growth expanded its remit to projects in the Criminal Justice Sector.
Seeds for Growth has established food co-ops, school fruit tuck shops, encouraged convenience stores to sell more fresh food, supported unemployed people into work, regenerated community gardens and much more. You can read about our work and impact here .
Launched in 2006, Seeds for Growth is a registered charity which advances the quality of life for people from
Seeds for growth
Seeds for Growth is a registered charity which advances quality of life for people from disadvantages communities, primarily in London’s East End. We focus on improving health, wellbeing and access to outdoor, community spaces.
There are many ways you can get involved in our work, from volunteering, accessing support to set up your own co-operative or fruit tuck-shop at your local school, to building a flourishing community garden.
We provide a number of professional services including Co-operative Development, Business Succession and healthy food through our Fruit 4 Work programme.
Seeds for Growth aims to advance the education of those from disadvantaged communities by addressing their cultural, social, economic and health conditions.