17 of the Best Things to do While Stoned or High
17 of the Best Things to do While Stoned or High
17 of the Most Memorable Cannabis and Weed Quotes of All Time
17 of the Best Marijuana Cooking Recipes and Resources You Will Find
Whether you’re a casual weed smoker or someone who smokes on a daily basis, the time is guaranteed to come when you find yourself bored out of your mind and want to do something new or experience something you do regularly, but in a different way. Sure, you could lounge on the couch and flip through channels, or just hang out with your crew of buddies the entire time, but what if you had a list of things that were out of the ordinary for you to try while you’re smoking it up? What if you had a bucket list of sorts where you could check off some of your favorite things that you’ve tried, or want to try?
There are a few classic things you can do while you’re high that are extra amazing, and even though they might seem like things you do every day, they can be a lot more awesome if you think about them in a different way. Here are 17 of our favorite things to do when you’re baked.
1 – Netflix and Chill Out…
There is nothing better than kicking back and watching an old classic on Netflix when you’re stoned. Suddenly, your old favorites that you haven’t seen in years have a new flavor – the sounds, the colors, the plotline – all can seem like it’s an entirely new experience that changes the way you feel about the whole film.
Although this may seem like a very basic, very normal activity when you’re stoned or not stoned, it’s always nice to be able to relax and enjoy either some new shows or movies that you’ve never seen before, or enjoy old classics with a new set of eyes when everything is suddenly more hilarious. Or, spend the next few hours watching some old stoner classics like Pineapple Express, or Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas – we can guarantee those will feel a lot more trippy and funnier when you’re stoned.
2 – Take a Walk and Enjoy Your Surroundings.
You won’t believe how different the world looks when you take a walk stoned. Not really, but it is a nice activity to do right after blazing up. You can get some air in your lungs, take in the local sights, and explore your city. You won’t believe the things you’ll notice and that your mind will pay closer attention to as you travel around. Plug in some headphones, take a stroll around the neighborhood, or just walk a few circles around your block. Or, you can even travel on foot to a local restaurant to get a quick bite to eat and then walk off the food after you’re done.
It can be tough to get yourself moving after you get high, but there’s nothing like a walk to get your mind moving, your heart beating, and your imagination spiraling.
3 – Eat. Eat. And then Eat Some More!
Okay, so we know what you’re thinking – you might be thinking you do this anyway, and that it’s already a hardwired part of your typical “activities while stoned playbook.” Well, this time, see if you can make your munchies just a little different than normal. Instead of grabbing for the nearest bag of chips or popping those same old pizza rolls in the oven, see if you can instead open up that cookbook you haven’t touched in years and bake a recipe that actually uses real ingredients, and takes some time to make.
Take it a little further than you normally do and eat something good. But what if you don’t want to cook? No problem – we’ve still got the eating part covered.
If you don’t want to cook, or you just don’t feel like spending all that time and effort, instead, go to a new restaurant and try that delicious dish that you’ve been waiting to try for a while. You’ll be blown away by how good everything tastes, especially when you’ve given your taste buds the treat of trying something entirely new. And hey, you might find that you’ve discovered your new favorite place, and the next time you try it, it might taste entirely different.
4 – Listen to music.
Your favorite hits transcend into something magical and entirely different when you’re high. There’s nothing like surrounding yourself with music and completely zoning out to your favorite songs by plugging in your headphones or switching on your surround sound speakers and turning up the volume a little louder than you usually do. And if you’re feeling extra adventurous or energetic, shut the door and use that magical vibe to whip out a couple of dance moves. You might find yourself getting lost in the music and enjoying yourself doing something a little different than just melting into the nearest soft surface.
And, it’s also a great way to experience music that you’ve never heard before, too. Give something a listen that you’ve been holding out on – you might just discover your new favorite artist or song when doing so. Check out a Spotify playlist of a genre of music that you like, but with new and unique artists, and see what you can discover.
5 – Play video games.
This might seem like a no-brainer, too, especially if you’re an avid video game player, but playing video games while stoned is a wildly different experience than it is while you’re sober. The lights, noises, and graphics are all more intense and seem more real when you’re in the universe of the game, making it a worthwhile pastime to do while high. And, who knows – your skills might even improve then, too.
Plus, it’s a great activity if you’re just looking to stay at home and chill, but also socialize a little bit with your friends. If you have a crew of friends who play video games, hop online and join them for a few games and see if you enjoy the game a little differently. Plus, it’s a great time-waster.
6 – Cook something new.
If you’re not up for doing something too active, but you still want to do something productive, try cooking a new dish. The new tastes and smells will be exciting and fresh, and you can move at your own pace as you whip up the meal. Bonus points if you pretend you’re on MasterChef.
7 – Go to a museum.
This activity is especially valuable if you don’t typically find museums interesting. If you live nearby a museum, take a stroll around the place to see if you’re more engaged and interested in the exhibits than you usually are. It’s likely you might even find that it’s your new favorite place to visit after you go.
Plus, museums are a great place to people watch or to explore with friends. When you’re with others, you can chat about what you’re seeing or explore areas of the museum that you’ve always avoided.
8 – Chat with an old friend.
When you’re stoned, you never know what thoughts might come to your mind. It could be worthwhile to call up an old friend and chat with them for a while while you’re feeling a little less inhibited than usual and see if you can reconnect with them. Or, if there’s no one you feel like dredging up old business with, start a Facetime chat with someone you have talked to recently, like your siblings or your best friends and see what they’re up to. Spending time chatting with loved ones is something we take for granted nowadays, so it’s always nice, even when you’re stoned, to check in with someone outside of your regular touchpoints.
And, it’s always worth it to call someone you haven’t talked with in a while.
7 – Ride a rollercoaster.
This one’s for those who have easy access to a local amusement or water park – riding a rollercoaster while you’re stoned is easily one of the wildest feeling experiences that you will ever undergo in your life. It’s a wild adventure, and one that’s way out of the ordinary.
Of course, it might take a little more planning if you don’t live in an area around a roller coaster, but it’s definitely an experience that we recommend trying at least once.
10 – Exercise.
If you’re an active person, you might enjoy performing some light cardio or aerobic activity while you’re high. Don’t go too overboard because you might end up feeling a little sick or lightheaded, but exercising when you’re stoned can feel really refreshing.
This goes along the same lines as taking a walk, but you could try some light weight lifting, biking, rowing, or anything else that you enjoy at the gym or at home that gets your heart and your muscles working. Some people really enjoy exercising stoned – it’s all up to you and what you think you can handle.
11 – Clean.
Some people can get a lot accomplished when they’re high, and cleaning is the perfect example of putting that sudden burst of energy to good use. Use that healthy productivity to get your house or apartment sparkly clean and see if you can tidy up someplace you haven’t cleaned in a while – like that messy hall closet. You can use your extra concentration powers to good and spend your time wisely.
12 – Go to the bar.
If cross-buzzing doesn’t bother you, find your closest chill bar and kick back and relax with your friends. Even if you don’t drink, you might find that the atmosphere and the company is an excellent experience that only gets better when you’re high.
13 – Do something creative.
What gets your creative juices flowing? Is it painting, writing, or making music? Whatever floats your boat, do something creative so that you’re using the best of your time – and your mind.
It’s always a good use of your time to do something creative that makes you think in a different way than you usually do, but when you’re stoned, you might find yourself exploring different things or different ways of doing things you’re used to doing. So, if you’re a musician of any kind, you might find yourself playing different songs, or exploring the same songs in a different way or with a different vibe. So it’s always a great idea to sit back and see what creativity you can make flow out of you.
14 – Organize your closet.
Sound boring? Not while you’re high! Take some time to go through your closet and get rid of everything you don’t want, and organize the things you do want to keep. You’ll find it’s time well spent, and if you turn on some music while you’re doing it, you might just enjoy it.
Plus, you’ll manage to take something off your never-ending to-do list, which is always a perk.
15 – Take a hot bath.
Taking a hot bath on any regular day is the ultimate relaxation activity. But when you’re stoned? There’s nothing better. The warmth of the water, the steam in the bathroom – it all adds up to an overall pleasant experience.
Add that with a couple of candles, some music, and some bubble bath, and you’ve basically got yourself a spa day.
16 – Yoga.
If you like yoga, now’s the time to do it. Even if you aren’t a yoga fan, it could be a good time to try it out when your mind is in a different space than it usually is. It’s relaxing, it’s a great activity, and it’s even more fun and relaxing when you’re high.
If you can’t make it to a studio, at home yoga is just as good. There are tons of Youtube videos or apps on your phone to watch yoga videos where they walk you through all of the moves.
17 – Cozy up in bed.
Wrap up in a warm, fuzzy blanket, turn on the TV or plug in your headphones, and chill out to the max. Nesting around in your own bed is even more relaxing when you’re stoned. And the bonus? Even if you fall asleep, it’ll be the best nap of your life.
HempireSEO represents everything that is great about the multi-billion dollar marijuana and advertising industries. We provide useful articles and resources from both sides of the spectrum.
17 of the Best Things to do While Stoned or High 17 of the Best Things to do While Stoned or High 17 of the Most Memorable Cannabis and Weed Quotes of All Time 17 of the Best Marijuana
14 Productive Things You Can Do After Smoking
Changing attitudes about cannabis includes acknowledging that getting high is a goal for a lot of people. And what that experience ultimately looks like is often miles away from outdated snack-eating stoner stereotypes.
In reality, the wide-ranging effects possible with cannabis can help people in a lot of ways, and increasing productivity is one of them.
Wondering how to use your smoke sesh to kickstart getting stuff done?
Here’s a list of 14 productive things you can do after smoking a cannabis product from our Los Angeles dispensary:
- Make art. For some people, smoking weed helps relieve mental blocks and fans the flames of inspiration. Flex your creative muscles after a sesh by making music, writing, painting, or getting crafty – who knows what you’ll create!
- Clean. Cannabis can make the most boring tasks more fun, so it might be the perfect motivator for vacuuming, cleaning out the fridge, and washing dishes. Pro tip: put on a playlist to really take things up a notch. If you need some music inspiration, check out our High Note Playlists. (link to Listen page)
- Work out. From yogis to runners, people have discovered that a little cannabis before a workout can help increase focus, may improve endurance and recovery time, and make the burn feel a little more enjoyable.
- Brainstorm. The tendency for the imagination to run free after smoking cannabis makes brainstorming a super productive post-sesh activity. Grab a pen and jot down ideas for stories, the next great invention, or the week’s to-do list.
- Fold laundry. Typically one of the less exciting chores in life, folding laundry can be pretty monotonous. But adding a dash of euphoria can help make the process a touch more entertaining.
- Organize drawers. For some elevated minds, tackling a messy tool, utensil, or clothing drawer simply couldn’t be more gratifying. Whether or not you go full Marie Kondo is up to you.
- Assemble Furniture. Before tackling that IKEA project, why not get high? Not only can cannabis help you focus, it can also deliver a mental boost so that the process feels more hilarious than frustrating.
- Go for a walk. Going on a hike or walk in the neighborhood could be the perfect post-toke adventure. The euphoria might cause you to experience everything from the warmth of the sun to the quiet of your surroundings in a fresh way.
- Stretch. After sitting at a desk all week, nothing gets out the kinks like a good stretch. Having a little weed before getting out the yoga mat or foam roller can help the muscles relax, allowing you to sink into deeper, more productive stretches your body will thank you for.
- Clean out your inbox. When you’re high and feel like working on a project, direct that focus towards unsubscribing from mailing lists and finally deleting those unread emails from 2014.
- Get lost in a conversation. Some strains leave us feeling analytical, which is why going down a conversational rabbit hole is so much fun after a sesh. From venting about work to analyzing a movie to going full-on philosophical, having a stoney conversation is a like a stretch for the brain.
- Learn something new. Feeling curious after seshing? Try increasing your brain power on a subject by digging into a documentary or deep diving into a YouTube tutorial.
- Meditate. Creating space to center yourself is difficult when things are busy. That’s why we love meditating while high: because we’re already in the mindset of chilling out. Use this time to slow your breathing, decompress, and let go of stress.
- Sleep. Most of us don’t get enough sleep. For some people, having a smoke before bedtime helps relax the mind and body, allowing them to fall asleep faster, stay asleep, and feel more rested in the morning as a result.
Whatever your post-sesh activity, embrace the euphoria and let the effects take you where you want to go!
Need a suggestion on products for any of these activities? Reach out to us or stop in a store and we’ll be happy to steer you in the right direction.
Please enjoy responsibly and always remember, driving while impaired is against the law.
Looking for a dispensary open late in Culver City, CA? Then visit us!
Cannabis can help people in a lot of ways, and increasing productivity is one of them. Here’s our list of 14 productive things you can do after smoking.